Saturday, March 11, 2006

Kitne Door Kitne Paas

The weather here in the Bay area has been chilly for the past week. But what surprises me is the drastic change in weather within small distances in the Bay area.
For example ... only yesterday I was chatting with my sister when she exclaimed "Wow ! Hailstones and plenty of them ! Is it a white carpet in the patio or what !" Then came my naive question " Is it raining there ?" (as if hailstones just fall without rain ... what was I thinking ??? I continued (after looking outside my office window) "Its bright and breezy in here ... no rain".
Later that evening, as I was driving back home, I saw the weather change from sunny, to breezy, to foggy ... but the worst part of the drive was the San Mateo county (between 92 and Woodside) ... it was raining cats and dogs .... I could hardly see anything outside ... my speed naturally was 40 - 45 miles per hour (believe me the entire traffic was moving more or less at the same speed) .... just as I crossed Woodside, the rain gave way to drizzle and before I knew it was breezy and then sunny again (full circle). I went and picked my child and asked the day care provider " How long did it rain here ?" and she replied " Today ... no rain here !" (My sister's place is about 6-7miles from the day care)

The phrase Kitne Door and Kitne Paas struck a chord with me at the time :)

No comments: