Monday, March 13, 2006

Full Name = Initial + First Name + Last Name

A new employee joined my project at work. An old colleague of mine introduced me to this new emplyee. After the regular pleasantaries were exchanged, we learnt that we both were from the same town Mysore. Then came the obvious question "Where exactly did you stay in Mysore?" Surprisingly our homes were just a few kilometers away in Mysore.
Once you learn that a certain person is from the same neighborhood as yours during your growing days, a certain comfort level is established. We began talking about the various joints and fun activities in our beloved town ! Anywhere in the world you go, home town is always the best for anyone (atleast for most .... like anywhere else, exceptions do exist here as well)
My new found colleague, (friend is a term a reserve for few people) after learning about my school and college, mentioned about her cousin who was from the same batch and asked if I knew him.... pat came my answer .. of course I know ! Then she mentioned about this other person in my batch ABC and said, "You must be from ABC's batch !"
I could not hold my smile .... "I am ABC" (we were introduced by our first name ... full name was the key)

1 comment:

Shyam said...

Oh mann!!!!!
World is so small.