Friday, March 24, 2006

Exams ...ooooooo

I am surprised I am still to get over my exams. I still get nightmares about exams. I dream that I have a physics exam the next day and I forget it is Physics and study Chemistry and realise my gore mistake only when I read question paper .... my mind goes blank and wake up with a scare in the middle of night !!!

This reminds of my days during the exams. I refused to wear any other dress apart from the three "Lucky" ones. (amma hated those dresses and would not allow me to wear them on regular days. But during the exams, I got my way) If I ended up doing my first exam satisfactorily ... I religiously followed the routine on my exam day for all the following exams. I was too scared to change my routine. I never ever stepped out of the house without the blessings of my mother in the form of "Devara Kumkuma" or my dad's wishes. It was indeed a morale booster !! I would hardly eat my breakfast .... I'd be too nervous to swallow the food. Those were the only few days that amma would not bother me much about food !

I know of many who shared the same sentiments. But there was one another friend of mine "P" who invariably wore new dresses to exams ! Her "Different" approach often amazed me ... but I concluded that perhaps wearing new dress brought her luck and so she followed this ! This friend of mine would also pay exam fees on "Tuesdays" which I could never ever think of !!

I'd like to hear on any special / different approaches you adopted !!

2 comments:

Shyam said...

I always used to sleep well and eat well during exams.
When exams were ON, that was the time when I got the 'chapala' of watching TV. Having an idea of 'just for a change', I used to watch the whole programme.

My principle was simple. Not to do 'shastraabhyaasa' just before 'yudhdha'. So, I did not do any last minute preps.
Blessings from parents were always the same: Mom -'manchid kaani'(may good things happen) and Dad - "God bless you". My dad always blessed in angrezi ;).

About nightmares, yeah. I too have the same illusion. I get nightmares of history/geography exam - Suddenly wake up to realise, "Oh man!!! that was decades ago";).

PRIDERA said...

TV before exams ... man !! I couldn't think of it !!