Friday, March 10, 2006

And weekends just go by .....

Every friday at work I am asked "What are you doing this weekend ?" ... so I thought may be I should blog about this "wonderful weekend thought" (note its just a wonderful thought and never really goes as planned)
Its amazing how my weekends have changed over the past few years .... in this blog I list my weekend during my school / college days (some of my best weekends ever)

College / School time weekends
What weekend ?? Sunday was the only day off ..... but sunday's were not spared too sometimes, remember those internals at 9:00am ... I hate bluebooks (though the page quality was very good ... but Rs 5 for a bluebook seemed a little pricy for just 16 pages)
Usual sunday routine during school / college (baring the internals sundays)
5:00am : Wake and start with Maths
6:15am : Cuddle up with amma and daddy for a short nap
6:30am : Up again
6:45am : Bournvita ( I am glad I wasn't forced to drink Complan .... yuck ....)
7:00am : Newspaper arrives (me and my sis at the door waiting for the newspaper guy to come.... you see the first to get hold of the paper gets to read it first .... no fun in reading a 15mins stale newspaper)
7:15am : Ready for my oil bath (Abhyanjana ??)
8:00am: Go to the terrance and enjoy the morning sunshine ... drying my hair was just an excuse
9:00am : Hot Breakfast served (usually something special like Masala Dosa, Poori / Saagu)
9:30am : Go to the room to continue with some Maths or some other problem oriented subject
12:30pm: Dozing in bed only to be frightened by daddy's surprise visit to my room !! The expression on my face was perhaps worth a thousand bucks !!! But guess what I was not caught as often as my sis :))
1:00pm : Lunch time
1:30pm : Sleep time !!!!
3:30pm: Wake up feeling guilty for having overslept and grab the first book accessible and pretend to start reading (you see, as I student you are not "Supposed" to sleep in the afternoon for so long)
4:00pm : Ah finally ... amma is calling me for that Bournvita break !!!
5:00pm : Anxiously wait for the local evening newspaper (remember first come first serve)
6:00pm : Surf through the channels .... cheech.... nothing interesting !!! hey its already 6:30 ... time to say prayers and start studying
6:45pm : Finally start studying (willingly)
8:30pm : Dinner break !!!
9:00pm : TV time
10:00pm : Back to studies (after a 10 min nap)
10:30pm : Its been a long day .... I better rest or my head might burst feeling !!

2 comments:

Shyam said...

Yeah, it was indeed a long day :D

what about check email?
That is GenX task - 10 times a day :)

PRIDERA said...

No computer at the time at home ... and going to an internet cafe was a bit too tasking :)