Friday, May 12, 2006

Sun rises in the east ... sets in the west

I went on an evening walk yesterday and enjoyed a wonderful sunset. The weather here is so good for the past 2 weeks that sometimes, I think we should go on a trek or to a beach everyday ... alas thats not possible!
The beautiful sunset reminded of the time I have thoroughly enjoyed nature's eternal beauty. In this post, I would like to remember the best sunrise and sunset I have seen so far.
I have always been an early bird. I woke up early almost everyday and enjoyed the morning sunrise from the terrace of our house in Mysore. I could see the complete view of the Chamundi hills and it only added to the glorious sun rise. But the best sun rise, I can never forget in my life time has to be the amazing experience at Kanyakumari. It was during the holidays after my first semester engineering exams. We were on a south india vacation. We reached Kanyakumari when the weather was almost perfect there. The serene beauty of the place captured our attention instantly and fell in love with the place. We knew that apart from the other things we wanted to do, enjoying the sun rise was a must. We checked into a beach side hotel and got up early in the morning (around 5:30am). We went to the terrace and waited with baited breath. The sun rise was so exotic that one had to see it to believe it. It was an amazing experience. Its been a while since, but this particular sun rise is still bright in my mind.

I was lucky to experience and equally amazing sun set as well. This happened in the fall of 2004. We had gone to Lake Tahoe .... again a family vacation. We had seen the Tahoe lake and were headed towards Reno. As we were driving, we noticed that the sun rays which were so intense all the while started turning golden orange. We were lucky to be close to a Vista point. We were not going to miss out a golden opportunity to see the sun setting behind the mountains with a clear lake to complete the picture. It was a great sun set ... I could almost see all the colors of the spectrum as the sun set. We captured some great pictures and everytime I see the pictures, I re-experience the sun set all over again.

I would have ended this blog right here .... but I happened to notice that my best sun rise was in the Eastern hemisphere and sun set in the western hemisphere :)

2 comments:

Anu said...

A sunrise/sunset enthusiast and a Mysorean one at that! My friend and I often walked towards the west to watch the sunset from the now busy Kuvempunagar area. It was so peaceful then! When I was in Singapore, with a balcony overlooking the sea towards the east, I could never sleep late even during weekends. Had to be up to watch the sunrise with a mug of tea in my hand. Bliss!

PRIDERA said...

I am glad to know that you enjoy sun rise as much Anu.