Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day


I don't remember which year I learnt that there was a day dedicated to "Mothers". But I do know that it was not until Engineering days that I knew about it. For me everyday was revolving around my mother rather amma , daddy and sister... so there was no reason for me to specifically remember amma. But when learnt about mother's day, I wanted to do something that would make my amma feel special. With limited budget (I didn't need pocket money since my parents took care of everything.), I would try to make amma feel happy. Sometimes it would be a simple heart felt wish and warm hug ! My amma never failed to see the warmth and the purity of wishes though.
This year I wanted to surprise her with something different. I have heard several horror stories of online identity thefts and was always apprehensive in buying things online. Most times, the payment sites were not secured and I felt vulnerable. This time, I found a good site which was secure and offered to deliver gifts to India. Before getting too excited, I wanted to ensure that delivery was available in Mysore as well.... to my luck it was available. The only problem was that only flowers, cakes or chocolates could be delivered. There wasn't a wide range of choice .. but I didn't want to step back. So I decided on a Black Forest cake. I knew my parents liked the taste and they would appreciate it. So placed the order.
I was happy that the site customer support folks replied back to my order queries without delays and the cake was delivered to my suprised amma on "Mother's day". I called up in the evening and I could almost see her smiling face and hear her excitement when she said "Thank you for the cake" ... I wish I could run to her and give her a warm hug ! Thank you amma for everything you have done to me ... you have been an absolutely wonderful amma, a great friend and strict desciplinarian .... I appreciate you for everything !
The only regret is that I had placed an order for a Black forest cake, but the cake delivered was a Chocolate cake. I hope someone who reads this blog could point me to good site which deliver gifts to Mysore.

2 comments:

Anu said...

Touching!. No idea of such service, apart from those found on the net. and I havnt used them.:(

PRIDERA said...

Anu,
I tried the one on net for the first time ... the delivery was on time but all messed up :(
Pls let me know if you come across any in the future