Friday, May 19, 2006

Family games

As noted in my blog before, we are having a family reunion coming up. I was thinking about the various things we could do during our gathering and went flash back to my times in Mysore. We played a whole range of games during family gatherings .... most times, I would play the host. Here is a recollect of the games we enjoyed in our family:
  • Antakshari (Kannada and Hindi) : One of my all time favorite games.
  • Chowka Bharah (a board game using sea shells)
  • Bingo / Housie-Housie
  • Scrabble
  • Dumb-Cherrads (rarely)
  • Word building
  • Puzzle solving
  • Cards (Rummy, 28, Donkey, Hearts)

I would like to learn about your family games ...

6 comments:

Shyam said...

Don't you know 'adge gudge' aata?
:D

PRIDERA said...

Not heard of that Shyam ... whats that about ?

Anu said...

wow, favourite topic.... we played antakshari, scrabble, chowka bhara and cards too(the favourite being "Napolean" and "bluff"). But we also played carrom and 20 questions. A recent favourite is Pictionary. Cant get enough of it!!

PRIDERA said...

oh yeah .. forgot about 20 questions ... but was never good at Carrom ... so was not very keen on it. And pictionary is a nice family game. I'll try to get my family to participate when I go to India this time.

Unknown said...

Your sister taught me 'Cows and Bulls' yesterday. I got addicted to that game the very next moment. I am sure we can make it a family game.

From my experience, I would say that the most challenging family game is the game of getting everybody together to play a game.

PRIDERA said...

Yes indeed Roshan ... the whole idea of family game is getting the family together and spending quality time