Thursday, June 29, 2006

Email ka kamaal

I had written a few days about my job and that I had to commute 120miles everyday to work. I am losing atleast 3 hrs in driving. Naturally I was not very happy about this. I decided to talk it out with my managers ... but they did not pay any attention to my pleas. So of sheer frustration, I wrote an email to the company CEO. I had little hope that he / she would read it, let alone take any action. I just wanted to get my frustration out .... email was the only means I could think of at the time.
I was thrilled to see a response to my mail from the CEO of my company .... I didn't know what to say. The CEO had forwarded my mail to a senior person in the company and it trickled down to my direct manager in a matter of 3 days. Now my manager along with the HR was wanting to discuss my concern and address it. I explained to them that the work location was too far to commute for me and that I would prefer working from a nearer location. After a bit of discussion, we concluded that the manager would work out a plan for me to work from home for 2 days and commute 3 days to work. I am quite satisfied with this arrangement. (its been just 2 days since ... so I am not complaining :)
Anyways, the whole idea of writing this blog was to express my elevated respect to my company CEO. Thank you Sir / Madam for understanding and addressing my concern.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Zor ka jhatka dheere se laga :-)

Viky said...

Thank you, Sir/Madam?

Thou doth not knoweth thy CEO's gender?

Shyam said...

what is this? no blog for ages???

PRIDERA said...

Viky,

Of course, I know ... I just don't want to give in too much information :)