Monday, June 12, 2006

Am I weird ??

One of my fellow bloggers (Anu) tagged me to write 5 wierd things about myself. As I read through her blog, I said, well, I should be able to list some things about myself as well. But wait, introspection is more difficult than it is. After much thinking here is what I can come up with.
* My friends and family find me weird that I do not like to watch any movie at the cinema hall. I just can't ... I like watching movies mind you and try to catch up on atleast 2 a month. But I am not for watching it on big screen. My idea of watching movie is very different. I like to watch movie while I discuss something interesting with my parents / husband. I like to watch movie, while I am blogging, emailing, ironing etc etc. You get the idea right ... I simply hate to waste 3 hours doing nothing but just watching movie.
* True friends hold a very special place in my heart. But I hate to make a conscious attempt to keep in touch with them. Most my friends know that they can count on me when they need me ... but I am not good at reaching them via phone / email on a regular basis. People who know me little find it weird that I call myself a good friend, but have not communicated with "my friend" for sometime.
* People think I was a book worm during my school days ... well, I wouldn't call myself one, but yes, I like to get immersed in an interesting trignometric equation or a Logical gates problem and solve it. I like reading Tinkle, Chandamama, Sudha (Kannada magazines) or Amar Chitra Katha or Panchatantra. But I can never complete reading a novel. I've tried several times, but have never been able to successfully complete one. (until recently.... I completed R.K.Narayan's Talkative Man)
* I was a quitest of the quiet kinda of a person before marriage. I would simply say a hello to guests at home and politely excuse myself from them. Of course my discussion with people dear to me would go on for hours ( Cricket with my Chikappa, Tennis with my friends "D" and "P", Local Politics with my ajja etc) Strangely after marriage, I have become quite loquacious... weird, I didn't realise when this change happened !!
* I have been thinking for atleast 4 hours now and I know there must be atleast 1 more weird thing about me ... but I can't tell ... hmm... thats weird ... isn't it??

4 comments:

Anu said...

Quick work Pridera! And an interesting list too. hmm....

Unknown said...

Ha ha. Good blog! I would let my wife write about my weird things if I have to. She will have a never ending list of weird things about me.

PRIDERA said...

Ok .. to complete the list, I came up with the 5th one.
I am very very particular about food. I cannot eat anything and everything... sometimes I land myself in trouble because of this. For Eg: I need Indian breakfast to start my day... even so not much compromise. For Eg: I cannot eat Idli without Chatni or Sambar. It causes difficulty because I have to prepare breakfast and I just keep adding more work :(

Roshan,
As noted, I blogged because I was tagged by Anu. I wanted to Tag you and Shyam too ... the idea is for the blogger to note weird things about himself / herself. Others cannot blog for the blogger :)

Shyam said...

my weird things are a suspense ;). I will not reveal them till a later date ;)