Thursday, June 22, 2006

Almost an insurance claim

I have this unique habit of praying before and after I do a lot of activities. For Eg: Up from bed, Driving, Writing exams, starting my day at work etc etc. Calling weird .... well I don't mind. Praying gives me some mental peace and confidence before I begin my activity and it takes just a few seconds ... of couse, I have to thank god for everything, so the end prayer :)
Anyways, today as usual, after reaching the office parking lot, I parked the car at a convinient spot and started thanking god for the safe trip I had made. When I opened my eyes, my car was not in the spot I had parked. I was puzzled .... I didn't know where I was. The next fraction of my second, my brain asked me to look at the rear mirror. I looked and applied the brakes ... I was almost about to hit the car parked behind mine in the parking lot. It was a very narrow escape. I then realised that, I had not applied the hand break and instead of putting the car in the parking gear, I had put in Reverse gear. (for those uninitiated, the gears are in this order: Parking, Reverse, Neutral, D4,3,2,1) Thankfully I had turned the engine off and so the car was moving very slowly.
I thanked my stars and of course God .... I was this close to getting my insurance money increased ... touch wood, it didn't happen :)

4 comments:

Shyam said...

Thank God twice after you park the car!!! Once - regular prayer. Second time, for reminding you to parking it properly and with "P" and hand brakes ON.

Curious - Why do we close our eyes and pray? - Just for concentration????

PRIDERA said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PRIDERA said...

yep ... concentration

Anu said...

Hadnt visited you for sometime. I finaly started using bloglines and had by mistake left out your blog:(

Nice post on fathers day!