Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Downtown - Muni ride

Downtown offers a unique experience everytime you visit it. So far, I have never been let down ...

I was returning from office yesterday. The Muni station that I board is not one of the popular stations. Its an underground station and not many people board there. Muni arrived within couple of mins of me reaching the station. I paid for the ticket in the first car and looked around. There was a young noisy crowd in the first car. After a hectic day at work, I didn't want to be admist a noisy crowd ... so moved to the last car. I was pleasantly surprised to see my colleague from work in the same car. The next station approached and few interesting people boarded the muni. I keenly observed these people, while trying to have a conversation with my colleague. One of the person from the "Interesting crowd" ... with tattoo all over his arms, pulled something from his pocket ... it appeared like tobacco (or was it drugs ???) ... he rubbed it with his hands and started sniffing it. I could sense he was not satisfied just sniffing it. I have never seen anyone doing drugs in front of me ... so I counted this as my opportunity. Just then my colleague asked me something about my work experience .... I mumbled something and looked at this tattooed person ... alas. ... he was gone ... I had lost my opportunity :(

While I was observing this guy, I had not failed to notice another drunk guy moving from one end of the train. Then there was a huge huge guy (who occupied double seats) having some talk about a ballpark game with another equally enthusiastic / huge guy. In the mad rush, another well built lady weirdly dressed stood beside me enjoying music on her ipod (I cannot begin to describe her dressing sense)

As I observed these people ... I almost missed my station. Thankfully I had my colleague to remind me ... so that didn't happen.

Downtown muni rides sure is eventful most days :)

No comments: