Friday, February 03, 2017

Songs green in my memory ...

There are so many "Evergreen" songs in Bollywood that it would be hard for me to narrow down my top 10 favorites. (although "Kisi ki muskurahaton pe ho nisar is undoubtedly my Top 1 ... lyrics - such depth, music - top notch, rendition - Mukehs's best)

 Anyways, this post is not about the "Evergreen" top favorites, but those songs which continue to be green ... meaning songs I heard growing up, never were my favorite (if I may add) and yet are etched in my memory for ever.
 The other day I was watching "Zee TV Annu Kapoor led Antakshi" on youtube and some of the songs featured I heard after many many years and yet, I could sing along perfectly not missing a beat. I truly surprised myself.

 For starters, the Antakshari title song, I sang along so well, as though I had been practicing it all these years everyday ... then there were songs like "Noorani Chehrewali ..., Subah Subah jab Khidki khole .. etc" that I sang effortlessly.

I thoroughly enjoyed reminiscing those songs ... 

No comments: