Monday, January 30, 2017

2017 Indian republic day Weekend ...

The past weekend was spent in Movie and "Friends"(season 5 to be more precise) marathon. One of the movies I watched was "Munnabhai MBBS". I have loved both the movies in the Munnabhai series ... the innovative storyline and enthusiastic performance by the actors especially Munna-Circuit pair never tires me from watching the movie repeatedly. This time I watched it with English subtitles. I normally turn off the subtitles because it distracts me a lot ... even though I follow the language I end up reading the subtitles and most times the essence of the dialogue is lost in translation. The movies I have watched with subtitles in the past also have some word to word translation incorporated which completely destroys the punch in the dialogue. But this time I watched Munnabhai with subtitles and I was surprised that the title song translation was done quite well ....
The hindi version goes:
M - Master ke Master
B - Bindaas Doctor
B - Bemisaal Actor
S - ShaNa character

And translated version goes:
M - Master of Masters
B - Bohemian Doctor
B - Brilliant Actor
S - Slickest character

Not bad huh ??

Next time I watch movie, may be I will turn on the subtitles just for fun in analyzing it !!

No comments: