Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Cousin bonding

My 21 months old nephew is coming to our house since yesterday ... and its interesting to see how toddlers bond. My 2 year old who once could care less about her cousin's presence has suddenly started to bond with him. Their games / conversations are interesting.
She calls out "Hi S" the moment he steps into our house .... and the little fella responds with "P .. P.." calling out her name. My 6 year old then gives him a tight hug and he is only too pleased to be cuddled. Then starts their "Game" of running around the house scream some war zone cries at the top of their lungs.
The way this game is initiated is simple ... one of the toddlers screams out the high pitch cry and starts running ... turns back after 8-10 steps and looks at the other. Signal enough for the other to join the fun.
I as much as I see the little ones bond, I so wish my 6 year old had a similar play date as well :)

No comments: