Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bicycle

I learnt to bicycle when I was 10 ... the same year I started cycling to school. The school route went through some busy streets ... but I managed just fine. I rode my bike to every single class I attended be it music or dance. I event went to different corners of the city to participate in various competitions on my bike and thoroughly enjoyed the independence.

My daughter has been biking since she turned 3 (with training wheels) and 4, with out training wheels. That was quite an early start, we thought. (parents's pride)
But I don't see many kids biking to school or other classes here in the US. I understand there is a lot of traffic here and the speed of the automobiles is quite high ...
But is that the reasons for fewer kids biking to school or it is more parent's not approving biking for other reasons ???
My daughter is going to be 6 in 2 days, and I do not plan to send her biking to school atleast the next 2 years.

1 comment:

Padhu Sankar said...

Well written. New here .Do drop by
Padhuskitchen.com when u find time.