Saturday, August 05, 2006

100,000 !

What does the title represent ... can you guess ??? Its not the number of posts on my blog... it isn't lottery amount I won (I wish !!) ... its certainly not my age ... (I know that was a bad one).... well thats the number of miles we have driven our first car !!!
Yep ... last friday our car crossed the 100,000 milestone and yours truly was driving it when the feat was achieved. Of the 100,000 miles, I can certainly claim atleast 50% contribution if not more. My distance to work has certainly been responsible for this amazing achievement. Anyways, our car which my husband fondly calls "Darling", has been a very loyal and great companion. It has been a wonderful ride (pun intended) so far and I have lots of memories like my first drive in the car at 12:30am on the day of landing in the US, our trip to LA, our ride back home from the hospital on the birth of my daughter ... and many many more.
I am certain there are many more in the making !

6 comments:

starry said...

Congrats on making it 100,000 miles.may you go many more miles in this car.Darling has been really good to you.

PRIDERA said...

Thanks for visiting Starry nights.
After my experience with Darling (previous post) recently, I would definitely vouch for the nicety !

Shyam said...

Great going Darling!
Reminds me of the movie "Cars" :)

Your 'Darling' talking !!!

Viky said...

Isn't it that way with all things "first"? The first this, the first that...

Bharath Hemachandran said...

Good good. So you've reached the 6 figure mark.

Wanna trade cars? I have only a 130 k on mine :D

Sweet deal considering you like big numbers.

PRIDERA said...

Thanks for visiting Bharat.
Hmm... trading cars ... well, you bet I wouldn't ! Afterall she is very dear to us