Monday, July 24, 2006

Hot hot weather

Have you heard of many take pride in the Bay area weather ? When there are discussions around the high cost of living in the bay area, it invariably concludes in the fact that, we pay the huge price for the near perfect weather. The past week has made me think, re-think and then think again, if this is what we call a near perfect weather. Its been scorching hot ... near the 90's and upto 100. For one, we just had one fan, which has been rarely used and no AC. Sitting on a comfortable sofa is uncomfortable in this weather ... imagine standing in front of the stove and cooking for a huge gathering.... its been pathetic. Unable to hear my grumble about the weather my husband has bought a powerful fan which has been more than used over the weekend. The interesting part is that, reasonably priced Air conditioners are out of stock in most stores. Various tricks of escaping the heat like, going on long drives (remember, Car has AC :)), window shopping , eating out, dip in the pool has definitely helped. Last night was slightly cool though. As I drove to work this morning, I heard that the weather would continue to be hot for a couple of days more ... I just hope, the evenings are cooler atleast. (you see, when you are in office, you don't realise the heat)

2 comments:

Shyam said...

hot weather is better than bitter cold :).

I think Indian weather in Summer is same as this one. How much is 100F????
(100 - 32)/2 = 68/2 = 34. Bangalore and many parts of India have high of 36-37!!!

PRIDERA said...

True Shyam ... Many places in India have hotter temperatures. But the luxury of living in the bay area weather has almost faded my memories about the Indian summer :(
But I don't agree that Hot weather is better than cold .. I think the other way round.